edited January 23 in ORK Scripting
Hi, I am considering purchasing the ORK framework. My first idea was to program my own, but after having seen the amount of work and resources put into this one I am thinking it might be a good option to speed up the development process and develop an RPG prototype in 9 months. I would love to dedicate myself to getting good at using this tool, but I am wondering if the source code is available for me to review and tinker with if need be? I am hoping here that this is a framework that can be incorporated into a larger project (as opposed to Playmaker) and expanded upon. I know there is an API, but not sure how the dll process works if I want to access all of the source code instead of just overriding it?

Thanks for the info,
-Jeff
Post edited by hyrad on
  • All gameplay related code (i.e. all features, systems and settings) is included in the full version. Only some core functionality (mainly data serialization) and the editor code remain closed source. The editor will automatically adjust to changes you made to the settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 12
    Almost a year has passed and now I have made the purchase :) I am hoping that enough code structure is provided to I can build upon different systems, such as data serialization (i.e. custom scriptable objects), events and implementing the new official Unity multiplayer solution. I think your written tutorials are great btw.

Oh, and I have read in the forum that you have plans to include the complete source code when ORK 3 is released fall/winter 2021. This would be great.
    Post edited by hyrad on
  • Thanks for the purchase :)

If you've got any questions regarding scripting (or anything else), just post in the forum or contact me via email (contact@orkframework.com). And yes, ORK 2 will get the full source code when ORK 3 is released.

Also - there's an official Unity multiplayer again? Must have missed that :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hmm. You're right, MLAPI is not released yet. Wondering if it's functional in its current state. Just to be sure, are you saying the ORK 3 code will be protected and that you will only release the full source code for ORK 2?
  • ORK 3 will also contain the full source code.
  • Awesome :)