First I have to say after having spent more time with testing grids, I'm quite impressed with the implementation, it has more options than I expected so thanks for the good work!. The only real issue so far is that grid consisting of physical objects is probably not the most optimal approach. It's a bit hard to edit large grids and it's hard to level design the game when you don't see grid overlaid when moving about other objects. So a way to show grid even when grid object is not selected would be very nice.
Anyway I have a few questions about grid and turn based combat.
But before that just a quick description of what I want to accomplish, in case you can suggest easier method. Basically I want to accomplish three things
1) Each action(move,attack,cast spell) will have two costs, ActionPoint Cost and Stamina Cost.
2)At the start of each new turn, you'll fully regenerate ActionPoints + you'll get 1/4 of the unused action points from the previous turn. At the start of each new turn, You'll also get X amount of stamina but it won't regenerate.
3) Movement will cost fixed Stamina points, and Action point will be determined on how far you walk. So for example each 1 cell walked = 2 AP. So walking 5 cells will cost 10 AP.
I'm using Active Turn Based combat model.
1) Is it possible to use a Status Value for calculating AP, instead of built in action costs? I figure this can be accomplished by using formula, but just wanted to know if more direct way is possible.
2) Can I forgo built in action costs altogether by setting each action cost as 0, and just use status value costs on "Use Cost" for abilities?
2) How can I "Refresh" certain status values on the start of EACH TURN? For example each new turn your Mana is fully refreshed.
3) What is best way to add temporary bonus for consumable status effect? For example increase max health by 10 for 1 turn?
4) Can I add status value cost to grid movement command?
5) For some reason Grid Move path highlight does not work, everything just blinks blue if you select move command, I don't see path showing, even though I set it up to blink purpe/pink like in tutorial.
6) Can I setup ORK so that if you click on enemy directly with left mouse, the default attack action will be performed on it?
Thanks in advance.